Monday, May 9, 2011

Wherethefuckareyou???

Wow, how time has flown when life is hectic and crazy.

Sian has been very sick with asthma for the past 5 weeks and has been on prednisone for 4 out of those 5 weeks. Ended up in hospital again and it's just been one thing after another.

And then a very special wee friend of ours died tragically just over a week ago.

You can read about it here.

If you watch the video, Blair is the pall bearer at the front left, with the glasses on.

Sophia was very special to our family, her grandparents are two of our closest friends and she called us Aunty and Uncle. She was a dear friend to our kids and they shared a special bond. I spoke at the funeral and read this poem that I wrote quickly the night before:

Soar now beautiful girl
On to your next journey
Plenty of adventure before you
Heartbreak and sorrow left behind
Indigo child set free to find
A fresh place to cast your spell

Perfectly you were presented
Euphorically received
Nan and pop amazed by your fire
Dragon all the way
Ropes would never bind you
And no limits would you accept
Gutsy and determined
One mission at a time
New mates around every corner

Would this social butterfly find
Accepting of all our flaws
Loving unconditionally each one of us
Laughing infectiously , spontaneous
Affectionate with those twinkling eyes
Can’t imagine life with no Boo in it
Even as I tearfully say my goodbye...

so I plead with you to make the most of the time you have with each and every one of your special friends and family, you just never know when their time is up..

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Jules I am so sorry for your loss.

I remember reading about the accident & thinking how devastated the families would have been.

I hope your wee girl is feeling much better now.

Liv said...

Jeepers, don't I feel like a dick now after having you on about not posting!
I'm so sorry for your loss Jules. Such a tragedy and so sad.
I hope you and your family have found some peace.
xx

KJ said...

Sincere condolences Jules.

She was a beautiful little girl. Such a tragic loss for everyone.

{hugs}

savannah said...

you have my condolences, sugar. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Condolences to everyone involved. Such a sweet looking little girl. Beautiful poem Jules.
Kym/Oz

Chris H said...

Very very sad accident.

Middle Child said...

You don't need to tell me - I appreciate every moment with my sisters and children because so much has been already taken away - while my husband was alive I am pleased i appreciated every moment with him- he was just lovely - sorry about the close loss

un-speackable love 2 said...

I'm deeply sorry for that , amazing poem

Janak A Jain said...

A nice poem. And a better thought, Thanks!

Irish Daughter said...

My heart is heavy whenever I think of this little angel. I remember following your grief on FB.... Just so tragic when children go. Hope your everyone is grieving as best they can. x