Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Booby Cellulite

I am a bit scared. Other than being completely over tired from 5 nights of vomiting forced awakedness, I noticed something on my right breast today that set off alarm bells.

I always do "the checks" and, more out of perviness than health aspects, I always check out the girls in the mirror, probably about twice a month. I hold my arms above my head and remember the days when they stayed that way naturally.

Well - today I had a second shower because Phoebe had vomited all through her hair and didn't want to have one on her own. As I got out I thought, haven't checked out Flo and Jo for a while, better have a looksy. To my dismay the right breast had an indent and dimpling when I raised my arm. I called Blair in to asked if he had ever noticed that before, he hadn't. I did a bit of googling because I was sure I'd heard that dimpling can indicate a problem. Sure enough, hit after hit indicated seek medical advice immediately.

I so hope my doctor is there tomorrow or the other good doc in the practise. Fucked if I want a locum looking at my tits, you know a good African mother would be jealous of my knee hugging nipples.

Anyway, thought I'd share my fears with you all, we all know I have no qualms sharing anything else.

If you have any advice or experience, please let me know.

16 comments:

The Candid Bandit said...

God. I open this thinking it's going to be a funny post and (well it was to a certain degree) it was bloody scary.

Jesus Jules, after having one of these scares in July, I just wanna say "Fingers crossed".

Jayne said...

No harm in getting it checked Jules, cos rather be safe than sorry. Keeping my fingers crossed hon 'X'

CaramelKitKat said...

Legs are crossed for you, Jules. I had a lump just above my collarbone at the base of my neck a few months ago. After an xray, biopsy and a good feel by a gruff 60yo doc I got the all clear. Here's hoping the dimpling is just the start of stretchmarks or something, eh? Do let us know how you go.

m said...

I hope it's just nothing.

I had a scare. Thought it was a tiny lump. My OBGYN said it was something-something and if I squeezed it pus stuff would come out. Yep, he was right. Totally gross, but it was nothing.

Keep us informed.

Sorry to hear about the vommiting. I'm a bad mom...make hubby deal with it. I'll just start vommiting with 'em

Kate said...

I guess the most likely explanation is something completely innocent. Scary stuff though huh? (HUGS)!!!

And hope the vomiting has stopped, you pooooor thing. I hope you don't get it!

Chris H said...

I am thinking of you sweetie. And who cares if it's a totally strange doctor, as long as he/she knows their stuff!!!! Be proud of your boobs mate, they have nutured your babes well!

Mary said...

Hon, I know this is easier said than done but try not to project what it might be. See how you go once you're checked out and worry only if you really have to. Will be thinking of you babe! x

Lynda said...

I had this exact thing years ago. I went straight to the doctor and he sent me for a mammogram but luckily it was nothing. Not sure what caused the dimpling/puckering that happened when I raised my arms but glad I had it checked out. Good luck.

Chris H said...

I did reply to your clever suggestion ya tart.

Sandra said...

Hope it's okay. I was sent a scary doco type message on facebook the other week about BC and it freaked me out a bit.
I'm guessing most of us are women here so we all know about these things and have the same fears and worries...
Good luck!

Sandra
www.livejournal.com/users/kiwirevo

Ms Smack said...

Please go to the doctor and get back to us asap.

Chubbymum said...

So??? Have you found out? Have you been to the doctor... ???/

Sitting and waiting waiting waiting.

Love Chubbymum
Big hugs

Tania said...

Firstly, you're definitely doing the right thing seeking medical advice.

Secondly, yes I can relate! I've been through this not once but twice, the first time I had a mammogram the second time I was pregnant so had an ultrasound.

BOTH turned out to be nothing more than a mass of tissue that had formed (the first one hormone related as i'd recently had a miscarriage). They explained to me in detail how any slight hormone change, stress etc can result in something like this and more often than not they're not sinister, but early detection is always the best! Hope this helps! Have you seen your doctor yet?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jules, no advice or experience, but thinking of you & sending "positive vibes" your way. fingers crossed it is nothing serious. Take Care.

Anonymous said...

ok, dont' panic, see whatever doctor is on that day and get your mind put to rest. you can handle anything.

Says me who flipped out when I felt a pain in my freckle, which is placed UnDER my boob and was sure it was a deathly melonoma. Turns out it is a freckle with a tiny bit of skin attatched that rubbed against my bra, hence the pain.
but still, like the doctor said, better to freak out and run to her, than to freak out and do nuthin.

you'll be fine babes...my boobies are stretched marked and cellulitey all over the shop. it yuc.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hey girl.. hope ya boobies are all clear.... just dont let Mellisa near em... hahaha